Booking Terms & Conditions
The below booking terms and conditions apply to couples booking a Perfect Weddings Abroad wedding package. If your wedding is being booked through a UK tour operator or direct with an overseas supplier or hotel then please check their terms and conditions as well, as they will also apply to your booking. Please remember that you must book your Wedding Package in conjunction with your holiday package with us, we do not offer 'Wedding-Only' options.
Your contract is with Perfect Weddings Abroad, a trading division of Hays Travel Ltd, 25 Vine Place, Sunderland, SR1 3NA, Company Reg No. 1990682, and is a registered member of ABTA (ABTA No.P4688). Perfect Weddings Abroad has a single-element bond to supply overseas wedding arrangements.
1. YOUR CONTRACT: When you (bride or groom) make a booking with Perfect Weddings Abroad, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. A contract will exist as soon as you submit an Online Wedding Request Form via our website, or pay your deposit over the telephone to us (whichever happens first).When you submit an Online Wedding Request Form via our website you must ensure that you complete the form as fully as possible (including specific venue names), as this is the basis of the request that we will send overseas. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may however, choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you wish to do so.
2. YOUR FINANCIAL PROTECTION: We are a Member of ABTA, membership number P4688; and provide financial security in the form of a bond held by ABTA. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you an arbitration scheme for the resolution of disputes arising out of, or in connection with this contract. Further information on the Code and arbitration can be found on ABTA’s website www.abta.com. The arbitration scheme is arranged by ABTA and administered independently by IDRS, part of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. It provides for a simple and inexpensive method of arbitration on documents alone with restricted liability on you in respect of costs. Full details will be provided on request or can be obtained from the ABTA website. The scheme does not apply to claims for an amount greater than £5,000 per person. There is also a limit of £25,000 per booking form. Neither does it apply to claims which are solely in respect of physical injury or illness or their consequences. The scheme can however deal with compensation claims which include an element of minor injury or illness subject to a limit of £1,000 on the amount the arbitrator can award per person in respect of this element. The application for arbitration and Statement of Claim must be received by IDRS within nine months of the date of return from the holiday. Outside this time limit arbitration under the Scheme may still be available if the company agrees but the ABTA Code does not require such agreement. For injury and illness claims, you may like to use the ABTA/Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Mediation Procedure. This is a voluntary scheme and requires us to agree for mediation to go ahead. The aim is to help you resolve your dispute in a quick and cost effective way. Details on request or from www.abta.com.
3. YOUR PRICE:
(a) We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the wedding packages shown in our brochure or on our website at any time and without notice. You will be advised of the current price of the wedding package that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
(b) When you make your booking you must pay a non-refundable deposit. To secure wedding arrangements a wedding deposit of 30% of the wedding package, or at least £300 (whichever figure is higher) per couple; unless advised otherwise at the time of booking.
For Weddings Booked Outside of 12 Months
30% non-refundable deposit on day of booking (minimum £500 or 30%)
Remaining balance due no later than 12 weeks before the confirmed Wedding Date
For Weddings Booked Inside of 12 Months
30% 1st non-refundable deposit on day of booking (minimum £500)
Balance due no later than 12 weeks before the confirmed Wedding Date
All deposits are non-refundable and in the case of cancellation, all deposits paid up until that point will be lost. Wedding Deposits paid to Perfect Weddings Abroad are in addition to any deposits that are required by hotels or suppliers in-resort, which will be advised to you at the time of booking.
If you are booking a "Free" / "Complimentary" Wedding Package, the minimum £300 non-refundable deposit must be paid to Perfect Weddings Abroad, in addition to any direct deposit required by the hotel. From time to time we may run promotional campaigns, including ‘low-deposit offers’. Should you cancel your arrangements having only paid us a ‘low-deposit’ you will still be charged a cancellation fee, up to the usual wedding deposit of 30% of the wedding package, or at least £300 (whichever figure is higher) per couple.
The Balance of the price of your Perfect Weddings Abroad wedding package must be paid at least 12 weeks before your wedding date. If the Balance is not paid in time, we shall automatically cancel your wedding arrangements (7 days after it was due). In either case, if the 2nd Deposit or Balance is not paid in time we shall retain your deposits paid to date (without exception). We withhold all deposits paid to date in a case like this, as we as a business commit and pay out to cover cancellations and loss of earnings to our Overseas In-Resort Wedding Coordinators, Hotel/Wedding Venues and our Weddings Abroad Specialists.
The price of your wedding arrangements are shown on your Booking Confirmation Summary, which you will receive by email after booking (usually up to 7-14 days after booking). The prices shown on our website may change at any time, and are updated frequently due to currency fluctuation, special offers and other changes.
(c) Changes in exchange rates, fees from venues, registrars and other suppliers may mean that the price of your wedding arrangements may change after you have booked. The following rates of exchange, as calculated on 03 January 2017, were used in pricing holidays in our latest brochure and displayed on our website on this date:
US Dollar 0.81
However there will be no change within 30 days of your wedding date (or requested wedding date as stated on your invoice, in locations where it is not possible to confirm the date of your wedding). We will absorb and you will not be charged for any increase equivalent to 2%
of the price of your wedding arrangements, which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges. You will be charged for the amount over and above that. If this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 10% of the price of the Perfect Weddings Abroad wedding package that you have booked with us, you will have the option of changing to a lower priced package, or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid towards your Perfect Weddings Abroad wedding package, except for any amendment charges. Should you decide to cancel for this reason, you must exercise your right to do so within 14 days from the issue date printed on your final invoice. Should the price of your wedding go down due to the changes mentioned above, by more than 2% of your wedding cost, then any refund due will be paid to you. However, please note that wedding arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your wedding due to contractual and other protection in place.`
4. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING: If, after you submit an Online Wedding Request Form via our website, or pay your deposit over the telephone to us (whichever happens first), you wish to change your wedding arrangements in any way, for example due to change of departure date, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing, by email to email@example.com from the person who made the booking. You will be asked to pay an administration charge of £50 per couple, and any further cost we incur in making this alteration. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Note: Certain wedding arrangements (e.g. venue) or changes of name of the bride or groom, or changes in marital status, may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any alteration request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements and subsequent rebooking of arrangements.
5. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR BOOKING: You (bride or groom), may cancel your wedding arrangements at any time. Written notification from the person who made the booking must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Since we incur costs in cancelling your wedding arrangements, you will have to pay the applicable cancellation charges up to the maximum shown in clause 6. Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
6. IF WE CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR WEDDING: It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your wedding arrangements, but we do plan the arrangements many months in advance. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes will be minor and we will advise you at the earliest possible date (minor changes include a wedding date change of up to 24 hours either side of the original confirmed date, change of wedding ceremony location and/or reception location within the same hotel/venue that you have booked). Sometimes wedding dates may even have to be changed whilst you are in resort, due to inclement weather or other factors; and we may need to move your wedding to an alternative venue, such as an indoor location, or rearrange the date for the wedding to take place. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your wedding arrangements. For example, if the minimum number of clients required for a particular venue is not reached, or your party numbers exceed the venue capacity, we may have to cancel it. We cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred beyond the Perfect Weddings Abroad wedding package that you have booked with us. However, we will not cancel your wedding arrangements less than 10 weeks before your wedding date, except for reasons of force majeure or failure by you to pay the final balance. If we are unable to provide the booked wedding arrangements, you can either have a refund of all monies paid towards your Perfect Weddings Abroad wedding package or accept an offer of alternative wedding arrangements of comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value). If it is necessary to cancel your wedding arrangements, we will pay to you compensation as set out in this clause.
If we make a major change to your wedding, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. You will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, accepting an offer of alternative wedding arrangements of comparable standard from us if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling your wedding and receiving a full refund of all monies paid. In all cases, except where the major change arises due to reasons of force majeure, we will pay compensation as detailed below:
If we make a major change to your wedding: amount you will receive from us If we cancel your wedding: amount you will receive from us If you cancel your wedding: amount of cancellation charge
Period before wedding within which notice of Cancellation or major change is received by us or notified to you More than 84 days £nil Deposit Only Deposit Only
57 - 84 days £20 per couple 100% of PWA wedding package 50% of PWA wedding package *
29 - 56 days £30 per couple 100% of PWA wedding package 70% of PWA wedding package *
15 – 28 days £40 per couple 100% of PWA wedding package 80% of PWA wedding package *
14 days – wedding date £60 per couple 100% of PWA wedding package 100% of PWA wedding package
* or deposit if higher
The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so. Force Majeure. This means that we will not pay you compensation if we have to cancel or change your wedding arrangements in any way because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control. These can include, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions.
7. IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT: If you have a problem during your wedding, please inform your in-resort wedding co-ordinator immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to our Customer Services Department at 3,4 The Mews, Trent Business Centre, Eastern Avenue, Lichfield, Staffs, WS13 6RR, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. This will assist us to quickly identify your concerns and speed up our response to you. It is strongly recommended that you communicate any complaint to the supplier of the services in question as well as to our Wedding Co-ordinator without delay and complete a report form whilst in resort. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were in resort and this may affect your rights under this contract.
8. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU: If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed by us or our suppliers we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has affected the enjoyment of your wedding arrangements. However we will not be liable where any failure in the performance of the contract is due to: you; or a third party unconnected with the provision of the wedding arrangements and where the failure is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall. Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of twice the cost of your Perfect Weddings Abroad wedding package that you have booked with us.
9. PROMPT ASSISTANCE IN RESORT: If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed as a result of failures attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services, or as a result of failures due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall, and you suffer an injury or other material loss, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is reasonable in the circumstances.
10. PASSPORT, VISA AND IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS: Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are
your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot get married because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
11. WEDDING DOCUMENTATION: The legal documentation required for your overseas wedding is entirely your responsibility and whilst we will provide you with a Wedding Confirmation Pack outlining the procedure involved, we cannot accept responsibility for any incorrect documentation or missed legal deadlines.
When confirming your booking with us you are agreeing that you have the relevant paperwork required to get married overseas, including full length birth certificates, valid 10-year british passports and where required: divorce decrees, previous marriage certificates, death certificates, deed poll certificates; in addition to any further documents you require for your chosen destination and you are accepting responsibility to take care of organising the legal paperwork, where required. Sometimes the legal process may involve you making arrangements to see a local solicitor, public notary or to visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s Legalisation Department in person, all at an additional cost to yourselves. Please note that legal documentation requirements can change at any time without prior notice and can lead to you incurring additional costs during the legal process. If you are not a British Passport Holder then additional documentation will be required and you must contact the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates to check these requirements. Any Embassy Stamps, Apostiles or Translation Costs are in addition to your Perfect Weddings Abroad Wedding Package, and are your responsibility. Without the correct legal documentation your wedding will not be able to go ahead and cancellation charges will apply as stated under Clause 5 ‘if you cancel your wedding’.
When sending legal documents to Perfect Weddings Abroad, documents should always be sent by email to email@example.com. We do not receive legal documents (originals or scanned copies) by post or in person.
We may need to pass your personal details on to third parties, such as registrars, church ministers, embassy staff or other overseas suppliers in order for your wedding arrangements to go ahead, upon agreeing to our terms and conditions you are agreeing that this will enable us to pass on your information where required for this purpose.
12. OVERSEAS WEDDING ARRANGEMENTS BOOKED: We accept responsibility solely for the overseas wedding arrangements that we book as part of our Perfect Weddings Abroad Wedding Packages, or additional “Wedding Extras”, paid for in advance of your departure from the UK, in GBP pounds sterling, and as stated on your final Perfect Weddings Abroad invoice. We do not accept responsibility for any arrangements that you may purchase directly with overseas suppliers (eg wedding receptions or additional wedding extras) where you pay for them in local currency (eg Euro or US Dollars). Nor do we accept responsibility or liability for any UK arrangements booked by you, including wedding receptions (upon your return to the UK).
13. ADDITIONAL SERVICES IN RESORT AND WEDDING EXTRAS: Additional services (eg, wedding reception venues, hairdressing) or wedding extras (eg, DVD’s, flowers, transport) that you may choose to book or pay for in local currency whilst you are on holiday are not part of wedding arrangements provided by us. For additional services or wedding extras that you book, your contract will be with the operator or supplier of the additional service or wedding extras and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the additional service or wedding extras or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator or supplier.
14. INSURANCE: It is a condition of booking your wedding that you take our suitable insurance cover at the time of making your reservation, this is in addition to the travel insurance cover that is required, as outlined by your holiday provider. It is your responsibility to arrange suitable and adequate wedding insurance.
15. FOREIGN CURRENCY:
We act only as an affiliate partner to Travelex UK. We accept no responsibility for the acts or omissions of the supplier or for the services provided by the supplier. Full Travelex UK terms and conditions available at www.travelex.co.uk/terms-and-conditions
and find more information on the 'online price promise' at www.travelex.co.uk/offers/price-promise
16. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Our website is our responsibility, as your wedding supplier. The information contained on our website which affect your wedding are incorporated in these conditions and these must be read carefully and accepted by you before you enter into a contract with us. Failure to take these matters in to consideration before you book may lead to subsequent disappointment, for which we cannot accept responsibility.
Updated: January 2017
As a trading division of Hays Travel Ltd, 25 Vine Place, Sunderland, SR1 3NA, Company Reg No. 1990682, and a registered member of ABTA (ABTA No.P4688) the below booking terms and conditions apply to customers booking any wedding packages not operated by Perfect Weddings Abroad and all other travel services.
We act only as an agent – usually as the agent of suppliers of travels services and sometimes as your agent in booking certain "no-frills" flights. When you make a booking your contract (or contracts) will always be with the supplier(s) of the travel services you have booked. Our obligations to you may vary depending upon which arrangements you book with us, and we set them out clearly below.
When you make your booking you must pay the relevant deposit as specified at the time of booking. If you believe that any details on the booking summary (or any other document) are wrong you must advise us immediately as changes cannot be made later and it may harm your rights if we are not notified of any inaccuracies in any document immediately.
Please check that all names, dates and timings are correct on receipt of all documents and advise us of any errors immediately. We will not make any charge for changes to documents, but you will have to pay any charges made by suppliers. Please ensure that the names given are the same as in the relevant passport.
You will be required to pay a deposit or make full payment for your booking at the time of booking. Where you only pay a deposit you must pay the full balance by the balance due date notified to you. If full payment is not received by the balance due date, we will notify the supplier who may cancel your booking and charge the cancellation fees set out in their Terms and Conditions. Except where otherwise advised or stated in the booking conditions of the supplier concerned, all monies you pay to us for arrangements will be held on behalf of the supplier(s) concerned.
We do not make any charges for payments by debit card. Payments by credit cards are subject to a 2.25% handling fee.
When making your booking we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the supplier (tour operator/airline or other supplier) named on your booking summary. For most bookings we act as agent for the supplier but we act as your agent when making a booking with most no frills airlines. Details will be given at the time of booking. As an agent we accept no responsibility for the acts or omissions of the supplier or for the services provided by the supplier. The supplier's Terms & Conditions will apply to your booking and we advise you to read these carefully as they contain important information about your booking. Please ask us for copies of these if you do not have them.
You may wish to purchase flights, hotel, car rental, transfers or other services on our website. Each component will be provided by different third party providers of the products you have selected. Your contract will be with the individual suppliers and not with us. Since you create your own travel arrangements by adding each component separately to create your own bespoke booking, this is not a package and therefore you are not protected under the Package Travel Regulations; and unless you book a Flight-Plus, your booking may not benefit from ATOL protection either. Until a component has been confirmed by the individual supplier, no contract has been formed.
When you book your flight through us, we act as agent for the charter flight provider who holds an ATOL. The contract will be between you and the charter flight provider.
When we act as your Agent
When making a booking with most 'no frills' or low cost airlines we are acting as your agent to find flight services for you, on terms to suit you. This applies mainly to low cost airline bookings made via our website. At the time of booking, we will inform you if we are acting in that capacity. In relation to such bookings, you appoint us to source those services on your behalf. Monies paid to us for such services are held by us on your behalf until they are paid to the flight provider in question. Please note that payment by you to us does not constitute payment to the travel service provider whose services we have sourced and if we collect monies from the travel service provider on your behalf, the travel service provider's liability to pay that money to you is discharged. We accept no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any low cost flight services or the acts or omissions of any flight supplier(s). For all 'no frills' flight arrangements, your contract will be with the supplier(s) in question. Your booking for 'no frills' flights is subject to this clause and the specific booking conditions of the relevant supplier(s) we source for you and you are advised to read both carefully prior to booking. By making a booking for which we are acting as your agent, you agree to the terms of this clause.
Cancellation and Amendment
Any cancellation or amendment request must be sent to us in writing and will not take effect until received by us. If you cancel or amend your booking the supplier may charge the cancellation or amendment charge shown in their Terms and Conditions (which may be 100% of the cost of the travel arrangements). We may collect this on their behalf and you also must pay us any applicable administration charges.
Changes or Cancellations by the Supplier
We will inform you of any changes or cancellations as soon as reasonably possible. If the supplier offers alternative arrangements or a refund, you will need to let us know your choice within the time frame we stipulate. If you fail to do so the supplier is entitled to assume you wish to receive a full refund. We accept no liability for any changes or cancellations made to your arrangements by the supplier under your contract with them.
Our Service Charges
In certain circumstances we apply service charges which will be shown on your booking confirmation as follows:
- Credit card fees (see Payment section above)
- "Administration Fee for Supplier Failure Cover" (see Your Financial Protection section below)
- "Flight Plus" (see Flight-Plus section below)
- "Service Charge" – a charge for the booking agent services we provide to you.
Please note that the term Service Charge does not refer to us putting together a holiday package, it is our standard charge for the service of acting as booking agent.
Our responsibility for your booking
Your contract is with the supplier and its booking conditions apply. As agent, we accept no responsibility for the actual provision of the arrangements. Our responsibilities are limited to making the booking in accordance with your instructions. We accept no responsibility for any information about the arrangements that we pass on to you in good faith. However, in the event that we are found liable to you on any basis whatsoever, our maximum liability to you is limited to twice the cost of your booking (or the appropriate proportion of this if not everyone on the booking is affected). We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury that arises as a result of our negligence or that of any of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
The contract for your arrangements is between you and the supplier and any queries or concerns should be addressed to them. If you have a problem whilst on holiday, this must be reported to the supplier or their local supplier or agent immediately. If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may be reduced or you may not receive any at all depending upon the circumstances.
If you wish to complain when you return home, write to the supplier as set out in your booking confirmation. We will of course assist you with this if you wish - please contact Customer Services. If the matter cannot be resolved and it involves us or another ABTA member then it can be referred to the arbitration scheme arranged by ABTA, details of which are set out in these booking conditions.
Your Financial Protection
Many of the travel arrangements that we sell are protected in the case of the financial failure of the travel company. Please ask us about the protection that applies to your booking.
We provide security for Flight Plus bookings by way of an ATOL (number 5534) administered by the Civil Aviation Authority (see section below on Flight-Plus Bookings).
When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
Please note that ATOL protection is not available for flights with low-cost carriers or where your payment is made direct to airlines unless they are part of a Flight-Plus (see below). Where necessary, we will add supplier failure insurance to your booking automatically. This protects you by insuring us against the costs of refunding or replacing your booking if a supplier fails. If applicable we will charge an administration fee for supplier failure cover which will be shown on your booking confirmation.
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
In respect of Flight-Plus bookings, we are obliged to tell you:
· We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
· If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
We sell travel services on behalf of Hays Travel Limited and benefit from Hays Travel’s membership of ABTA with membership number [ABTA number for the branch] .
ABTA and ABTA Members help holidaymakers to get the most from their travel and assist them when things do not go according to plan. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct.
We can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can't resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to use ABTA's simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com.
Arbitration can be used to settle alleged breaches of contract and/or negligence between consumers and ABTA Members. If your claim includes an element of minor illness or personal injury then this can also be considered by the arbitrator, but is limited to £1,500 per person.
ABTA’s Arbitration Scheme has helped consumers for more than 40 years. The scheme allows consumers to resolve disputes without going to court; it is speedier, less formal and costs less than instructing solicitors.
If you have any special requests (for example dietary requirements, cots or room location), please let us know at the time of booking. We will pass on all such requests to the supplier but we do not guarantee that they will be met and we will have no liability to you if they are not.
Adequate travel insurance is a condition of your contract with either us or the supplier in question, as applicable. You must take out a policy of insurance in order to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; and other expenses. If we have issued your policy please check it carefully to ensure that all the details are correct and that all relevant information has been provided by you (eg. pre-existing medical conditions). Failure to disclose relevant information will affect your insurance. If you fail to travel with adequate insurance cover we will not be liable for any losses in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
Accommodation Ratings and Standards
Accommodation ratings are displayed as provided by the supplier. These are intended to give a guide to the services and facilities you should expect from your accommodation. Standards and ratings may vary between countries, as well as between suppliers. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of any ratings given and no warranty is given or implied.
Safety standards in some countries may differ from those applicable in the United Kingdom We strongly advise that all customers seek to minimise their exposure to injury by familiarising themselves with relevant safety information.
After registration, on arrival at your accommodation, you will be allocated a room. It is your responsibility to verify the check-in and check-out times directly with your accommodation supplier. Please note that any local taxes and expenses will be payable to your accommodation supplier in resort on check-out.
From time to time, renovation or refurbishment and its associated noise are unavoidable at a hotel. If we are notified of such works we will inform you before you make your booking or within a reasonable time of us being notified.
We are able to make enquiries of the supplier about the suitability of arrangements for you and provide replies prior to booking. You must make all requests before a booking is confirmed.
Delivery of Documents
All documents (e.g. invoices/tickets/Insurance policies) will be sent to you by post or email. Once documents leave our offices we will not be responsible for their loss unless such loss is due to our negligence. You must pay any charges made by suppliers if tickets or other documents need to be reissued.
Passports, Visas and Health
We can provide general information about the passport and visa requirements for your trip, but this is for guidance only and it remains your responsibility to check the requirements before you travel. Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. Neither we nor the supplier accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. For more information on passports please visit https://www.gov.uk/browse/citizenship/passports
Please take special note that for all air travel within the British Isles, airlines require photographic identification of a specific type. Please ask us for full details. We can provide general information about any health formalities required for your trip but you should check with your own doctor for your specific circumstances. Up to date travel advice can be obtained from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, visit www.fco.gov.uk.
Final Travel Arrangements
Please ensure that all your travel, passport, visa and insurance documents are in order and that you arrive in plenty of time for checking in at the airport. It may be necessary to reconfirm your flight with the airline prior to departure. Please ask us for details at least 72 hours before your outbound flight. You should take a note of any reference number or contact name when reconfirming. If you fail to reconfirm you may be refused permission to board the aircraft and you are unlikely to receive any refund.
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by any event which we or the supplier of the service in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. These events can include, but are not limited to war, threat of war, civil strife terrorist activity and its consequences or the threat of such activity, riot, the act of any government or other national or local authority, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster and all similar events outside our control or the control of the supplier concerned.
Conditions of Suppliers
Many of the services which make up your holiday are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from us or the supplier concerned.
Please be aware that the booking conditions of the supplier will normally state that your stay can be terminated, with no refund, if the behaviour of your party falls below an acceptable standard. Suppliers will also often require you to pay for any damage you cause to the accommodation in resort. We are under no obligation to you if any event such as this occurs. You agree to indemnify us for the full amount of any claim (including all legal costs) made against us by the supplier or any third party as a result of your conduct.
Data Protection and Privacy
Law and Jurisdiction
These terms of business are governed by English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.