fbpx What documents do I need to take | Perfect Weddings Abroad

What documents do I need to take

What documents do I need to take?

The required documents vary between countries and these will be explained to you at the time of booking (via your Wedding Confirmation Pack). Sometimes we need to send paperwork to resort in advance of your arrival, in other locations you must take this with you; it really does depend on your chosen location. The absolute minimum requirements of documents that you will need are:

  • Your passports (10 year and valid for at least 6 months after your return to the UK)
  • Your birth certificates (Full length birth certificates, showing both your parents full names are always required).
  • If you have previously been married you will also need to provide legal evidence of your single status, such as a decree absolute (sometimes you are required to provide your previous marriage certificate too).
  • If applicable, adoption and/or deed poll certificates.

We will guide you through the process of what you need to do with these documents. However it is ultimately the couple's responsibility to ensure that all paperwork is fully prepared within the correct timescales.